Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What's on my tie?


This morning as we rushed to school (one minute later than I wanted - as usual), #3 held up his plaid tie like it was a dead rodent. And, he asked, "Mom? What's on my tie?" With typical mom-flexibility, I stretched my arm 6 feet into the backseat and blindly grabbed the object of his disdain. It had sort of a crunchy consistency.


Hmm. "Why is it ORANGE, #3??"
"Idunno"
"Why is it crunchy??"
"Idunno"
...sniff sniff... "Do you, by any chance, have (sniff, sniff) peanut butter cheese crackers in your backpack???!!"
"OH MANNNN! It's all over the bottom of my backpack!!"

So, now the unenviable task of trying to turn a PBcheese-dredged Catholic plaid tie into something presentable to the guardian angels at Our Lady of Perpetual Excess. Driving one-handed, holding the tie on the floor of the van with one foot, coaxing #1 to brush off the crust with a day-old Wendy's napkin - there! One slightly cheesy clip-on tie!


Thankfully, they don't give demerits to 3rd graders - even if they smell like peanut butter.


Tomorrow, we'll clean the backpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment